Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cambodian Idol

Sorry no news in the last couple weeks...  I've been mostly out of internet range and am just back now to the town! I've taken a million pictures and have a ton of stories to tell, but unfortunately I don't have time to put those together into a blog right now...

But in the meantime, if this video will slowly upload... here's one of the kids from the village we've been living in the last couple weeks. We see them every day when they go to school (we are working on a new school for them), so we've gotten to know the local kids pretty well. We taught them the Hokey Pokey, the Chicken Dance, If You're Happy and You Know it, Go Bananas, and even the Pharoah, Pharoah song.. and when we ran out of action-packed kids songs, we asked the them to sing us a song... and that's when we (a) were put to shame and (b) discovered the next Cambodian Idol! The video's not very good quality so it's not half as good as it really is... but this kid's got talent!

 
More hopefully soon! 

xoxo

Rainbow

4 comments:

  1. Wow...that kid can sing...way better than your best attempt at Pharoah Pharoah complete with the Egyptian arms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! That's quite some talent in that kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rainbow!
    Debbie Hawker sent me your blog link info. Looks really cool. I am living in Phnom Penh right now, so if ur ever in town let me know!
    0976 241 514
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca! Ooh that's too bad I missed your message! I was in PP on the 25th, but I'm back in Canada now! I'll probably be back some day but maybe not for a year... Hope you're having a great time there! You might already be settled.. but if you want contacts for anything (churches, ministries, etc), let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete