Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stanley Cup fever in Cambodia!

Well, it makes me pout quite a bit to miss all the Canucks craze in Vancouver! Even for someone who only ever really watches the last period of the games, or bakes in the kitchen and only pokes her head around the corner to watch the instant replays when something exciting happens... I LOVE getting in the spirit when it brings the whole city together!! Why did I not factor in playoff season when I planned for this UNION trip last fall! :P

But, seeing as pouting isn't very productive... I brought Stanley Cup fever from the streets of Vancouver with me to rural Cambodia instead!! In the form of bringing 12 plastic hockey sticks and some pylons with me and teaching the kids in the village how to play!!

My Khmer is pretty limited, but kids learn pretty darn quick! "Now, sit, watch, after, play" seemed to get the point across... and a quick demo later, the kids were pro and lovin' it!
 
 
 

It was good fun - yay for a little sharing of culture! :)

I can't wait to hear the news on Monday (my Tuesday)!! Still sad to miss being there for it, but excited nonetheless! I'm headed back to the rural village tomorrow and won't have internet for at least week... so someone or everyone text me - I've got my flag ready to go!! :)

xoxo

Rainbow

2 comments:

  1. Yes get your flag ready, you should try to make a fake Stanley cup....is it hard to find tin foil in Cambodia???

    ReplyDelete