Thursday, August 5, 2010

Everybody's got a water buffalo

Everybody's got a water buffalo
Yours is fast but mine is slow
Oh, where do you get them I don't know
But everyone's got a water buffaloooooo.................

 


That's the song that's been running through my head all day, haha, since I got to visit HOPE's projects this morning for a water buffalo program that lends a water buffalo to a poor family to take care of, until it gives birth to a calf that the family can keep for farming, and then the mama water buffalo is returned to HOPE to be passed along to another family.

So actually, maybe everyone doesn't have a water buffalo... BUT, some families in need have gotten one now from HOPE! and maybe one day, everyone (who needs one) will have 'got a water buffalo'! :) I'll be working on the report this afternoon and share more soon!

Just a couple nice pictures for now! :)

Cows... the close, non field-ploughing, but less water-needing, cousins of the water buffalo


My smorgasbord stash of fruit that's been my breakfast the last couple days once Ly found out how much I liked fruit. She also cut me some orchids from her garden to keep in my room at the hotel! She takes good care of her barangs (foreigners)!

 
Me, posing in front of the HOPE office sign, like a newbie staff would. :)


More to come..

xo
Rainbow =)

1 comment:

  1. haha, so fun about the water buffalo! i couldnt help but laugh, then smile after hearing the song then reading about its use in HOPE.

    i love orchids. that's crazy that the stem in your room is from Ly's garden - they cost $40 here for one plant :(

    enjoy your rambutans and longans!

    ReplyDelete